Re: Not mounting NTFS rw, 2.6.16.1, but does so on 2.6.15

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Joshua Hudson wrote:
> That worked. Funny, windows didn't reboot after running chkdsk during
> boot. It just proceeded streight to the logon screen.

Cool.  Yes, that means it did not change anything major.  Probably the
only thing it did was to determine the volume was ok and the "chkdsk in
progress" flag got then cleared and made Linux NTFS happy.

The driver used to ignore this flag but it now checks it.

This flag being set can mean that there is some serious inconcistency on
disk (it can even mean that chkdsk crashed half-way through or the
user rebooted the machine during a chkdsk) which is why we check it now...

Best regards,

	Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer, http://www.linux-ntfs.org/