Re: Linux Network Architecture Book Relevance to 2.6 Kernels

* Irfan Habib <[email protected]> [2006-05-04 16:38]: I wanted some
> detailed documentation about the linux kernels network architecture,
> one of my friends referred me to the book "Linux Network Architecture"
> published by Prentice Hall.
> (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131777203/103-4793311-5144610?v=glance&n=283155)

> Now the book looks abit outdated by saying things like "upcoming 2.4
> kernel release" in various places. So how relevant is the book to the
> 2.6 kernels? Where can I get latest info about the network
> architecture in the 2.6 Kernels, incase there's a lot of difference.

Yes, this book is very outdated, and quite badly translated from German.
It also has big technical mistakes if I remember well some reviews I've
read (I do not have the book myself). I would recommend :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1584502843/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596002556/

They are not perfect either, but much better and up-to-date that the one
you quoted.

--
Damien Wyart