Re: [RFC] kernel facilities for cache prefetching

El Wed, 3 May 2006 14:45:03 +0800,
Wu Fengguang <[email protected]> escribió:

> Lubos Lunak also reminds me of SUSE's preload
> (http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=SUPER_preloading_internals)
> which is a user-land solution using strace to collect the info.
>
> And there's Andrea Arcangeli's "bootcache userspace logging" kernel
> patch(http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/8/6/216).

Just for completeness, windows vista will include a enhanced prefetcher
called (sic) SuperFetch. The idea behind it seems to be to analyze I/O
patterns and then "mirror" the most frequently used disk blocks into
the USB flash drive; so if when the usb flash drive is plugged in
the system will read those blocks from it as it was the hard drive
the next time you run the app
(http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/48085/48085.html)