Re: Reiserfsck dies

Markus Müller wrote:
> no, the hdd is a software raid 5, /dev/md0, which is piped through aes
> via cryptsetup, so it is accessed via /dev/mapper/hdb

My experience with such a stacking and reiserfs was horrible. Continous
filesystem corruption that finally required reformatting. I then
replaced reiserfs with ext3 and the stacking works since then.

It is not a dm-crypt problem as the symptoms also occurred with
raid5/lvm2/reiserfs, so any raidx/dm/reiserfs stacking seems to be only
something for the more adventurous folks. Thus I don't know if the
problem still exists with current kernels.
--
Andreas Steinmetz                       SPAMmers use [email protected]