Re: Simple header cleanups

Kyle Moffett <[email protected]> writes:

> This is
> _exactly_ the way things work now, except there is no outside llh
> project, it's all stored in the kernel tree.

Precisely. I also think we don't have to worry about namespace
contamination and non-compliance to random "standards". It is the
userland _using_ the kernel headers at its discretion, we don't force
anyone to include anything. If something includes, say, kabi/hdlc.h
(just to make sure I know the details) then it has to be prepared
for hdlc_device struct to be defined, even if System 5 3/4 R 1.2.3.4
says nothing about it.

If glibc (as opposed to kernel utils) wants to use the kabi headers
(and I presume it should) then it has to build its own files based
on ours and/or should do other necessary steps to prevent namespace
problems (such as carefully picking files to include instead of
#include <kabi/*>). It will be easier than now anyway and I think
we're all open for suggestions.

If it turns out that we need a separate kabi/*.h file for every kernel
API structure or a set of #defines then let it be.
--
Krzysztof Halasa