[BUG 2.6.16-rt18] machine stops before reboot

Ingo,

On the Intellistation and LS-20 configuration I just reported the irqpoll bug
about, if we don't use irqpoll to boot and it actually boots up and things
seem to be working fine, when we go to reboot, it doesn't ever completely
shut down:

The system is going down for reboot NOW!
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
Stopping cups-config-daemon: [  OK  ]
Stopping HAL daemon: [FAILED]
Stopping system message bus: [  OK  ]
Stopping atd: [  OK  ]
Stopping cups: [  OK  ]
Shutting down xfs: [  OK  ]
Shutting down console mouse services: [  OK  ]
Stopping sshd:[  OK  ]
Shutting down sendmail: [  OK  ]
Shutting down sm-client: [  OK  ]
Shutting down smartd: [  OK  ]
Stopping xinetd: [  OK  ]
Stopping acpi daemon: [  OK  ]
Stopping crond: [  OK  ]
Stopping NFS statd: [  OK  ]
Stopping portmap: [  OK  ]
Shutting down kernel logger: [  OK  ]
Shutting down system logger: [  OK  ]
Shutting down interface eth0:  [  OK  ]
Shutting down loopback interface:  [  OK  ]
Starting killall:  [  OK  ]
Sending all processes the TERM signal...

And it gets stuck here.  That machine is not dead or hung.  I can type stuff
and it shows up on the terminal, but it does not seem to be running anything.
I can reboot it with the sysrq keys.

I tested this against 2.6.16-rt16 and I haven't seen this problem after about
6 reboots.  So I think this is a regression.

--Vernon