Re: [RFC/PATCH] Shared Page Tables [1/2]

Magnus Damm wrote:
On 4/11/06, Dave McCracken <[email protected]> wrote:

No one actually uses any of the pud_page and pgd_page macros (other than
one reference in the same include file).  After some discussion on the list
the last time I posted the patches, we agreed that changing pud_page and
pgd_page to be consistent with pmd_page is the best solution.  We also
agreed that I should go ahead and propagate that change across all
architectures even though not all of them currently support shared page
tables.  This patch is the result of that work.

What is the merge status of this patch?

I've written some generic page table creation code for kexec, but the
fact that pud_page() returns struct page * on i386 but unsigned long
on other architectures makes it hard to write clean generic code.

Any merge objections, or was this patch simply overlooked?

Don't think there would be any objections. If someone sends
along a broken out patch, I'm sure it could get into 2.6.18.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.