Re: PCI ERROR: Segmentation fault in pci_do_scan_bus

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 05:25:32PM +0530, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am getting segmentation fault, consistently on call to
> 'pci_do_scan_bus'. This is a small test code ( attached with this mail)
> to test the APIs exposed by the PCI subsystem.

The module code you attached isn't exactly "small" :)

What chunk of code is causing the problem?

Why are you scanning the PCI bus from a module?

>I just checked where it
> faults and found out that inside 'sysfs_create_bin_file' it is not able
> to find the kobject out of the dev pointer passed to it. Now extracting
> of the dev object out of the bus pointer is done by
> 'list_for_each_entry(dev, &bus->devices, bus_list)' in
> 'pci_bus_add_devices'. Now I am not able to understand why the kobject
> is missing. Is it something that I am missing or is it a kernel defect?
> Any help in this will be really appreciated. The bug message is pasted
> below.

I'm confused as to why you are trying to set up the pci bus for a pci
bus that is already set up.  That's why the function is dying...

thanks,

greg k-h