Re: Compiling C++ modules

Bongani Hlope wrote:
To enable stack unwinding for exception handling, extra exception-related information about each function needs to be available for each stack frame. This information describes which destructors need to be called (so that local objects can be cleaned up), indicates whether the current function has a try block, and lists which exceptions the associated catch clauses can handle.

Take a look at a typical OOPS trace and tell me if that will fit in a 4k stack with C++ and stack unwinding.

C++ on Linux does not put any information on the stack for exception handling purposes. Windows implementations do that but (a) I think the Windows kernel has a 12K stack (b) Linux is unlikely to use the Microsoft C++ compiler.