Re: question about nfs_execute_read: why do we need to do lock_kernel?

Thanks for your guys' reply!

Peter, can you point me somewhere I can check the semantics of BKL? In
the past, I remembered BKL does block the kernel. So I am quite
confused now.

Also, I still don't understand why we use lock_kernel instead of some
finer granularity lock. Trond's answer gave me a feeling that this is
simply because the code is not carefully optimized.  :)

-x