Re: [patch 1/3] acpi: dock driver

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:28:42AM -0700, Kristen Accardi wrote:

> Well, I will certainly change the dock code, but pulling this stuff out
> of the hotplug drivers will take longer since it would require changing
> the offending acpi interfaces.

If you ever decide to do this, you can make it much easier on yourself
by doing a "bait and switch": create a new function that wraps the
currently exported one and exposes a clean, sane interface. Then,
convert the users to call this new function. When they're all converted,
un-export the old one, then take it out back and do away with it. This
allows a step-by-step conversion without having to coordinate a big
"flag day" cutover..

	Pat