Re: want to randomly drop packets based on percent

Stephen Hemminger wrote:

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:38:33 -0400
George Nychis <[email protected]> wrote:

Hey,

I'm using the 2.4.32 kernel with madwifi and iproute2 version 2-2.6.16-060323.tar.gz

I wanted to insert artificial packet loss based on a percent so i found:
network emulab qdisc could do it, so i compiled support into the kernel and tried:
tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem loss .1%

Most likely, you the version of the kernel you are running was not
configured with netem enabled.

Hey Stephen,

I have netem enabled in the kernel... I've checked this numerous times. I enabled it under Networking Options -> QoS -> Network emulator. I even did a make clean, make mrproper, and rebuilt from scratch.

Maybe I'll try compiling it as a module and see if anything changes.

Any other ideas?

----

Thank you!

One last question, if I take this route, what is the easiest way to allow me to change the packet loss without hard coding a percent into the kernel?