Re: Connector - how to start?

On 4/15/06, Libor Vanek <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'd like to start writing some small module using connector to send
> messages to/from user-space. Unfortunately I'm absolutely not familiar
> with netlink/connector API usage and I couldn't find any usefull
> documentation (yes, I read Documentation/connector/ and tried Google).

So, time to ask the question.

I've been thinking for the past couple of weeks of hacking at the
different users of netlink and trying to get everyone to play nicely
together - if we're pushing things like connector, why can't we make
this a general solution? (read: why do uevents have to be seperate?
why are we forced to a particular protocol number with connector?
etc.?).

Jon.