Re: [Devel] Re: [RFC] Virtualization steps

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 12:08:05PM +0200, Cedric Le Goater wrote:
> Bonjour !
>
> Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
>
> > You made my day, I am really happy to hear that! Such testing and
> > benchmarking should be done by an independent third party, and
> > IBM fits that requirement just fine. It all makes much sense for
> > everybody who's involved.
> >
> > If it will be opened (not just results, but also the processes and
> > tools), and all the projects will be able to contribute and help,
> > that would be just great. We do a lot of testing in-house, and will
> > be happy to contribute to such an independent testing/benchmarking
> > project.
>
> What we have in mind is something like http://test.kernel.org/ for
> each patch set. I guess we will start humbly at the beginning :)
>
> Initially, the idea was to test the patch series we've been sending on
> lkml. But as we've been running tests on existing solutions, openvz,
> vserver, and our own prototype, we thought that extending to all was
> interesting and fair.

would be really great if you could extend that to something
like the PLM where folks (like linux-vserver and openvz) can
test their patches against mainline kernels in a fairly
automated way ...

I guess that would be some initial work, but could improve
many other patches (not only those related to virtualization)

best,
Herbert