Re: [ALSA STABLE 3/3] a few more -- unregister platform device again if probe was unsuccessful

At Fri, 14 Apr 2006 01:12:17 +0200,
Rene Herman wrote:

> (*) Note by the way I do not necesarily qualify as an ALSA person. I
> only ran into this when I submitted a new ALSA ISA driver for 2.6.16+.
> Takashi Iwai is being CCed on all these messages though, and he hasn't
> yet protested anything I've been saying, so I assume he's okay with my
> worries at least...

Acked ;)  I already took Rene's latest patches to ALSA tree.

I know the current behavior is somewhat out of standard, but would
like to keep it _right now_ for compatibility and usability reasons.

OTOH, it would make sense to keep the driver struct if the ALSA module
parameters are writable after loading.  Then the user have another
chance to retry the probe with different parameters.  Anyway, it's not
for 2.6.17.

Takashi