Re: Tracking down leaking applications

On 4/10/06, Leonid Kalev <[email protected]> wrote:
> This seems a bit off-topic for LKML, because you should *always* check
> user-space for memory leaks before blaming the kernel. A few things that
> can help you with your questions:

Not blaming the kernel yet, just wondering if it can help me track
down the offending app.

> - the 'ps' utility, to see who eats the memory

Well, httpd is at the top of the list, as it should be. What I cannot
tell is if the processes are leaking memory, or if all is well.

> - valgrind - an excellent tool for tracking down memory leaks (and other
> bugs, too). Comes with Fedora, but check the Web for a newer version.

I will try valgrind on the web application.

Thanks for the help!

-Rahul
--
Rahul Karnik