Binary sysfs blobs

Hi, Greg:

I was reviewing some patches here and noticed (yes, only now noticed) that
we have operations on binary blobs in fs/sysfs/bin.c. I thought it wasn't
part of the deal for sysfs, with one value per file and so on. I suppose
it's too late to debate now, but I have a couple of questions:

 - Do you know of any conventions which allow to determine which file
   is binary? Maybe the name starting with an underscore or something?

 - Is there a standing policy that reading from a sysfs file is not
   altering a state of the corresponding hardware? This is not related
   to blobs directly, but with people passing structs now, it's tempting
   to implement some extended protocols. I am concerned of stealing
   network packets by accident or something.

Greetings,
-- Pete