Re: GPL issues

Thanks for the replies, talking to a lawyer seems to
be too stringent a requirement to even evaluate Linux.
Who would be the ultimate authority to give definitive
answers to these questions?

Since it's the Linux kernel that's under GPLv2, any
work done here should be released under GPLv2. That
part seems to be clear, however any product would
include other things that could be proprietary. If
Linux kernel is made part of this proprietary package,
how does the distribution work. Can we just claim that
part of the package is under GPL and only release the
source code for the kernel portions.

-Ram