Re: RHEL 3.0 Advanced Server update 3 with Kernel 2.4.21-20 SMP

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 03:59:38PM +0530, Jagdish S Varma wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Jagdish,

> We have purchased Quad Opteron (852) processor based server board from Tyan
> (S4881). This board is built with 64GB of RAM & 72.0GB SCSI Hard Disk drive.
> The same solution was sold on Rack mount config to a client.
>
>  When the client tries to install RHEL 3.0 Advanced Server with update 3 &
> SMP kernel, the same installation itself hangs immediately after boot. The
> client wants to have kernel 2.4.21-20 SMP on the same distro of Linux,
> because they are using SYNOPSYS tool which is stable only on this version of
> Linux & kernel.

Your question if off-topic on this list, since this list only covers
problems with the latest kernels from ftp.kernel.org (IOW: 2.4.32), and
not with distribution-modified versions of three year old kernels.

For questions regarding RedHat AS, you should contact RedHat support.

> Jagdish S Varma

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.