Re: [2.6.16 PATCH] Filessytem Events Reporter V2

Evgeniy Polyakov 写道:
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 06:03:04PM +0800, Yi Yang ([email protected]) wrote:
Can you explain why there is such a big difference between netlink_unicast and netlink_broadcast?
Netlink broadcast clones skbs, while unicasting requires the whole new
one.
No, I also use clone to send skb, so they should have the same overhead.

I missed that.
After rereading fsevent_send_to_process() I do not see how original skb
is freed though.
I'm considering how to free it, because cloned skbs share data with original skb, so this case is special,
I try to clarify the logic of kfree_skb.
Btw, you need some rebalancing of the per-cpu queues, probably in
keventd, since CPUs can go offline and your messages will stuck foreve
there.

Does keventd not do it? if so, keventd should be modified.
How does keventd know about your own structures?
You have an per-cpu object, but your keventd function gets object