Re: PREEMPT_RT : 2.6.16-rt12 and boot : BUG ?

Serge Noiraud wrote:
I know this. We need to use the mptspi module.
I need to add "--with mptspi" to the mkinitrd command
and that works correctly without the RT patch.

The problem is not that the mptspi module is missing. It is correctly inserted in the initrd. The problem is whichever order I set in the initrd concerning the module loading, I always got an symbol errors.
And what is really strange is that the 'sleep 1' solved the error...

I was wondering if this is not linked to hardware probe issue. It seems the kernel need few seconds to correctly initialize each module, and if another module is loaded at the same time, this hangs.
Very strange...

--
Aurelien Degremont