Re: vfree with locks held

Hi,
    I am trying to develop a modification of the fifo qdisc for a
small networking project of my own. I need to allocate a significantly
large chunk of memory (about 4M) for every qdisc instance. I used
__vmalloc(size, GFP_ATOMIC, PAGE_KERNEL) for this understanding that
fifo_init (net/sched/sch_fifo.c) is called with locks held. However, I
also need to free this memory up once the qdisc is destroyed. I tried
calling vfree() but it doesn't like being called with locks held. Is
there a way to free this memory with locks held using some variant of
vfree()?

Ritesh

--
This is not an ad. I hate signature ads.