Re: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] PlugSched-6.3.1 for 2.6.16-rc5

Al Boldi wrote:
Peter Williams wrote:
Peter Williams wrote:
Peter Williams wrote:
Now available for 2.6.16 at:

Thanks a lot!

You can select a default scheduler at kernel build time.  If you wish
to boot with a scheduler other than the default it can be selected at
boot time by adding:

cpusched=<scheduler>

Can this be made runtime selectable/loadable, akin to iosched?

See <https://sourceforge.net/projects/dynsched>. It's an extension to PlugSched that allows schedulers to be changed at run time.

Control parameters for the scheduler can be read/set via files in:

/sys/cpusched/<scheduler>/

The default values for spa make it really easy to lock up the system.

Which one of the SPA schedulers and under what conditions? I've been mucking around with these and may have broken something. If so I'd like to fix it.

Is there a module to autotune these values according to cpu/mem/ctxt performance?

Also, different schedulers per cpu could be rather useful.

I think that would be dangerous. However, different schedulers per cpuset might make sense but it involve a fair bit of work.

Peter
--
Peter Williams                                   [email protected]

 -- Ambrose Bierce