Re: [RFC] packet/socket owner match (fireflier) using skfilter

On Monday 03 April 2006 18:18, James Morris wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Török Edwin wrote:
> > Before continuing the work on it, I ask for your advice, and comments on
> > what I've done so far.
>
> I would suggest dropping your LSM stuff and just using SELinux.  It's
> crazy to try and reinvent it.
I am not trying to reinvent SELinux. But I do not know how to accomplish what
I want with SELinux.

Here it is what I want:
- have security labels applied to sockets based on their owners (ok, I guess
SELinux does this by default)

- the security labels of processes be assigned based on their executable's
inode+mountpoint.
Is there a way to do auto-labeling with SELinux? I mean having a security
context applied based on the inode, without me having to run 'make relabel',
setfiles, and so on....
Let's say I compile&install a program. Can it have a security label
auto(magically) applied, based on the inode of its executable? (without
recompiling, & reloading the policy)

(From my very limited understanding of SELinux, this would mean creating a
context for each executable, that is altering the policy, if each executable
needs to have a separate context. Is it possible to dinamically generate the
context at runtime? Is it possible to integrate my autolabel.c with SELinux?)

It doesn't have to have a security label applied by its inode, but that is
unique, I don't know how secure would it be to identify processes by path...

If the above is possible, could you please provide pointers to documentation?

How can I implement auto-labeling with SELinux? (is there a possibility to
write some sort of plugins that provide this functionality?)

To sum up, I wrote my LSM stuff because I didn't know how to use SELinux to
accomplish what I wanted.
If it can be done with SELinux easily, I'm happy to switch to that. (easy from
the end-user's perspective, using fireflier for example. it doesn't matter
how much work it would imply to make fireflier handle the stuff "behind the
scenes")

Thanks in advance,
Edwin