Re: Problem with diskstats (kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r1)

Toon van der Pas wrote:

> This morning I discovered a strange problem with the output of
> /proc/diskstats; the cciss driver only produces the first 4 fields:

It's working correctly so far as I can tell.
Check block/genhd.c, diskstat_show().

It prints per-disk and per-partition information.
There are 4 fields printed for each partition, but more
fields per each disk.  (check your output again, and note
the lines for cciss/c0d0 and cciss/c0d1 (the disks) vs.
the lines for cciss/c0d?p? (the partitions.) Most of your
devices in there don't have any partition information so
you just see the per-disk lines, not the per-partition lines
since there are no partitions.  Cciss looks different
than the others because you actually have partitions on that
device.

-- steve