Re: IDE CDROM tail read errors

Alan Cox <[email protected]> writes:

>> 1342256 (looks like it has been adjusted to .iso image size / 512 when
>>          the first I/O error occured)
>
> The SCSI layer does this bit for everyone. Its actually not libata or
> the PATA drivers that have done the work here. You should find ide-scsi
> does the same.

I see. I wonder if TOC track (in 2KB sectors) longer than ISO image
is a (recording) bug.

> I patched the old IDE driver a bit to try and deal with this and if you
> want the patch to hack on and tidy up further feel free.

Thanks but... now I've converted my last machine to PATA-libata and
drivers/ide are dead for me:

- no way to hot-swap (permanent modules)
- IRQ timeouts on my EPIA-M (never seen with libata)
- now the "end of medium" problems
- code duplication and different device names
--
Krzysztof Halasa