Re: PCI-DMA: Out of IOMMU space on x86-64 (Athlon64x2), with solution

Robert Hancock wrote:
> Michael Monnerie wrote:
>
>> On Freitag, 3. März 2006 23:23 Jeff Garzik wrote:
>>
>>> I'll happen but not soon.  Motivation is low at NV and here as well,
>>> since newer NV is AHCI.  The code in question, "NV ADMA", is
>>> essentially legacy at this point -- though I certainly acknowledge
>>> the large current installed base.  Just being honest about the
>>> current state of things...
>>

>> I'd like to raise motivation a lot because most MB sold here (central
>> Europe) are Nforce4 with Athlon64x2 at the moment. It would be nice
>> from vendors if they support OSS developers more, as it's their
>> interest to have good drivers.
>

> I second that.. It appears that nForce4 will continue to be a popular
> chipset even after the Socket AM2 chips are released, so the demand for
> this (and for NCQ support as well, likely) will only increase.

I'll third it.  Just had another machine blow up it's RAID5 set because
of this bug.  Tyan S2895 board, 4 500GB Hitachi SATA drives in RAID5.  I
suppose I could buy a 3ware controller I suppose but that's a few
hundred dollars per machine.

These machines are running SUSE 9.3 or SUSE 10, I've tried kernel.org
kernels as well as the iommu=memaper=3 cmdline option.

Any other advice greatly appreciated.

I saw a lot of patches come through by Muli but am not sure they address
this issue, do they?

--Joerg