OOPS 2.6.16 and 2.6.16-git14

> I get a kernel OOPS using 2.6.16 and 2.6.16-git14, I was using 2.6.14.2
> before without the problem.
>
> The OOPS happens when doing either
>
> echo "3" > /proc/acpi/sleep
>
> or
>
> echo "mem" > /sys/power/state
>
> As I have a laptop without serial ports, I'd have to write down the
> oops, so please forgive that I didn't write down ALL the output, I think
> I have the most important stuff, though.
>
> Please note that it also happens when mentioned modules are not linked
> in and that I enabled the kernel read-only pages option (although that
> doesn't seem to be related).
>
> I am not subscribed, so please CC.

Currently I cannot reproduce this, this may have to do with:

 - moved pl2303 adapter from one usb2 hub to another because kernel
barfed about it and that solved the barfing
 - compiled various versions of the kernel so many times, I lost track
of the exact config
 - different usb hub and perifs at home and at work.

As soon as I can reproduce the issue, I'll file a proper bug report
including photographs of the output.

Thanks for your time and effort.