2.6.16-mm1 grub oddness

Greetings,

I'm seeing strange things with grub with this kernel.  After my box has
been up for a while, and I reboot, selecting a kernel to restart, upon
reboot, I sometimes (fairly often) get a blank screen staring at me
though I see grub doing it's thing.  Poking the power button results in
an immediate poweroff, not as if the kernel had panicked or whatnot very
early in boot.  Very odd, and never before seen.

(I was worried that my scheduler stuff was causing weird interactions,
but after testing, it's not me, it's there in virgin source.)

	-Mike