Re: [2.6.16-gitX] heavy performance regression in ipw2200 wireless driver

On 3/24/06, Zhu Yi <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 15:02 +0100, Alessandro Suardi wrote:
> > That scp test shows 50%ish - but that was a quickie. The VNC
> >  client even reported a 719Kbps throughput down from the more
> >  usual 11500Kbps it starts off with. The first scp I tried when the
> >  sluggishness was intolerable was going at 200KB/s - which
> >  shows the problem can easily get in the neighborhood of an
> >  order of magnitude.
>
> What kind of wireless encryption do you use? We turned off hardware
> encryption by default recently as a workaround for a firmware restart
> bug. You might want to load module with "modprobe ipw2200 hwcrypto=1"
> and retest.

I actually use no encryption yet, as I still have to find out time
 to call D-Link about the fact that my router hangs when I try
 to set up a whitelist of MAC addresses for the wireless AP;
 WPA would be up next...

Would loading the module with h/w encryption turned on
 make any difference in my case ?

Thanks,

PS don't tell my neighbors ;)

--alessandro

 "Dreamer ? Each one of us is a dreamer. We just push it down deep because
   we are repeatedly told that we are not allowed to dream in real life"
     (Reinhold Ziegler)