Re: [patch] add private data to notifier_block

Kristen Accardi wrote:

> device data can be easily accessed.  This patch will modify the
> notifier_block struct to add a void *, and will require no modifications
> to any other users of the notifier_block.

>  {
>  	int (*notifier_call)(struct notifier_block *self, unsigned long, void *);
>  	struct notifier_block *next;
> +	void *data;
>  	int priority;
>  };

Well, it might introduce warnings in users who weren't using named
initializers -- their bare priority initialization might now shift to
trying to initialize a pointer.

Though, that's probably a good thing as it gives an opportunity to
convert them.  We also don't want to create a padded structure by
putting the void * after the int.

- z