Re: interactive task starvation

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:36, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> Oh.  I thought you were calling me a _moron_ :)

No, never assume any emotion in email and I'm sorry if you interpreted it that
way.

Since I run my own mailing list I had to make a FAQ on this.

Extract:
4. Be polite

	Humans by nature don't realise how much they depend on seeing facial
expressions, voice intonations and body language to determine the emotion
associated with words. In the context of email it is very common to
misinterpret people's emotions based on the text alone. English subtleties
will often be misinterpreted even across English speaking nations, and for
non-English speakers it becomes much harder. Without the author explicitly
stating his emotions, assume neutrality and respond politely.

Cheers,
Con