Re: [openib-general] Re: 2.6.16-rc6-mm2: new RDMA CM EXPORT_SYMBOL's

Roland Dreier wrote:
Looking at this list of exports, I do see a couple of things that
could maybe be improved:

    > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_wq);
    > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_translate_ip);
    > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_resolve_ip);
    > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_addr_cancel);

First, rdma_wq seems like a strange internal thing to be exporting.
Sean, why does more than one module need to use the same workqueue?

This is simply an attempt to reduce/combine work queues used by the Infiniband code. This keeps the threading a little simpler in the rdma_cm, since all callbacks are invoked using the same work queue. (I'm also using this with the local SA/multicast code, but that's not ready for merging.)

Second, the naming of rdma_addr_cancel() is not that symmetric with
the rdma_{translate,resolve}_ip() functions.  Unfortunately I'm just
clever enough to criticize, not clever enough to come up with a better
suggestion.

rdma_resolve_ip() is the operation actually being canceled if that makes it easier to come up with a better name.

- Sean