Re: Who uses the 'nodev' flag in /proc/filesystems ???

On Sunday March 19, [email protected] wrote:

> >Hence the question in the subject:
> >
> >  Who uses the 'nodev' flag in /proc/filesystems?
> >
> >Are there any known users of this flag?
> >

> pam_mount. If a specific filesystem is nodev, --bind or --move, fsck is
> skipped. If you want to change /proc/filesystems, you can do so as long as
> you provide an alternative ;) Does not need to be stable, as
> /proc/filesystems is only used when a volume is initially mounted in
> pam_mount.

Pam_mount .. (google...) you learn something new every day, don't you!

That sounds like a reasonable usage of 'nodev', though testing for
/sbin/fsck.$FSTYPE might do as well...

I guess in my case I could live without the auto-fsck, and as there
isn't necessarily just one device to take part in the fsck, it might
be awkward anyway.

Thanks.

I wonder if there are any others....

NeilBrown