Re: Question regarding to store file system metadata in database

no. i have no such statistics. also people always want it to be faster,
so it is never enough.

from another point of view, if such fs is used by a mail server, large #
of file create/close/modify will be vital for it. 300/s is not enough
for a busy mail server of course.

database based file system will be useful for archiving. for heavy
online use? not sure.

also will a database based fs too be too complex while all benefits
brought by db can be brought by add-on utilities? find and grep do not
fit u bill?

ming