Re: Dual Core on Linux questions

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 03:03:40AM -0600, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:58:22 -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote
> > Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a few questions about the PM Dual Core and how could it really work
> > > with Linux. Sorry if there are new patches on LKML about any of these things:
> > >
> > > Could each processor or die, have it's own cpufreq scaling governor?
> >
> > Sure.  On a laptop, if you don't need dual core power, it makes
> > sense to turn off the unused core, even.
> >
> > 	Jeff
>
> Jeff,
>
> For some reason, while I was writing this email, I knew you would be the first
> to reply. LOL. Anyway. Does this need new patches sent to LKML or nice
> commands to make this work or any idea if stock cpufreqd should manage the
> cores separatelly? I haven't got that to work on 2.6.15 so far. How flexible

no, currently cpufreqd applies the governor and limits to all available
cpus. Is it really possible to run the 2 cores at different speeds?
I definitely need to upgrade my hardware and get one of those dual core
babies to play with.
Oh, and BTW patches to cpufreqd are welcome in the meantime :)

ciao
--
mattia
:wq!