Re: [llh-announce] [ANNOUNCE] linux-libc-headers dead

LLH hasn't seen a new release for a lot more than six months now and up until
today I hoped to get back on track with new releases. But I've just spent
some time doing a 2.6.14 update, and it came back to me, that I'd have to
spend up to 10 hours just to get a basic 2.6.14.0 ready. And there'd still be
2.6.15 waiting, 2.6.16 just around the corner plus sorting through all the
bug reports that came in during those months and all the internal rearranging
I either had planned or that's being forced by new kernel releases (eg.
addition of asm-powerpc).

I stopped having both the time and the will for such commitments a couple of
months ago.

Should anyone want to take over, I'd be happy to give hints, pointers, and
whatnot. Just don't get overexcited -- diffs between new kernel versions get
bigger, not smaller, and after a couple of years there's still no long term
solution in sight.

I'm interested, more so to be part of a team which as a group is responsible for linux-libc-headers. This way if one or two persons don't have much time available, the others can share the load.

If there is no-one else willing to maintain linux-libc-headers, I'll be more than happy to take it over and try get more developers interested.

Kind Regards

--
Nigel Kukard, PhD CompSc