RE: 2.6.16-rc5: known regressions [TP 600X S3, vanilla DSDT]

>It doesn't hang.  Though it seemed close to hanging a couple times,
>but after a 5-10 second pause always managed to go to sleep.  I tried
>about 15 sleep cycles, with a few echo 1 > polling_frequency thrown in.

ACPI SPEC define:

_PSV  : thermal zone object that returns Passive trip point in
	tenths of digress Kelvin.

_ACx:  thermal zone object that returns active cooling policy
	threshold values in tenths of degrees Kelvin.

I suspect , when hang, the system was trying to start active cooling
with Fan
in function acpi_thermal_active that was somehow conflict request with
_PTS's call to SMPI in BIOS.  So, the solution is :

	Disable active/passive cooling request before suspend.

To verify this, please hack acpi_thermal_active.

We need a suspend/resume method for acpi thermal to cleanly solve
your problem.

Thanks,
Luming