Re: 2.6.16-rc6: known regressions

Alan Cox wrote:
On Llu, 2006-03-13 at 14:42 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

Post-<tty changes, perhaps>
 From: "Bob Copeland" <[email protected]>
 Subject: 2.6.16-rc5 pppd oops on disconnects

Possibly although from an initial look I didn't see anything that
explained it and I still do see a lot of problems with USB serial and
USB error handling that might be USB or serial but predate the changes.

This has been isolated to a USB and/or cdc-acm driver problem
and has nothing to do with the tty changes or ppp.

It appears to be a reference counting error resulting in
a released dev object that is passed to sysfs.
We are making progress, and expect some more info
tonight from Bob. Fortunately the error is repeatable
even if the actual error is obscure.

--
Paul