RE: Router stops routing after changing MAC Address

Yet I have real-world examples I've seen with my own eyes where MAC
Address problems have messed up bridged networks.  I posted some of
those here yesterday.  Good old Ethernet MAC Addresses can and do play a
real role in these wide area networks.

Don't believe me?  Try it yourself.  Find a LAN connected to the
Internet via bridged DSL or cablemodem with a real firewall in place.
Swap the firewall and wait...and wait...and wait some more for ARP
caches to clear on the other end.

When nothing changes but the passage of time and traffic starts to flow
again - and the Internet service is bridged not routed - give me another
explanation besides ARP caches.

- Greg