Re: [Suspend2-announce] Nigel's work and the future of Suspend2.

Hi.

On Friday 10 March 2006 00:55, Kasper Sandberg wrote:
> > Except that suspend2 is not going to be merged, for variety of
> > reasons. One of them is that noone is working on merging it...
>
> one of them being the operative word, afaik, nigel was unwilling to work
> on the issues needed for merging for the reason that it wouldnt be
> merged..

Yes. The only reason I'm not going to commit myself to getting carried away
with seeking to merge it is that you've clearly stated that you don't want to
see it merged, and you haven't been overruled by other kernel maintainers
(with perhaps the occasional exception, sometimes privately). If they came
along to the party and said "Pavel, get your act together. Suspend2 isn't as
invasive or ugly as you're making it out to be." (or something similar), I'd
see some point to working on merging it. If they want to tell me to submit it
again or prove that's the case, I'm more than willing to hear that. But while
the only feedback is users saying "I wish it was merged" and Pavel saying
"Ain't going to happen", what am I meant to do?

Regards,

Nigel