Re: [future of drivers?] a proposal for binary drivers.

I was wondering how many direct letters from lkml people have been
written to vendors asking for cooperation with regard to specs, joint
development or other solutions for open source drivers for their
devices.
If there has been letters of this kind (there might have been many)-
do they exist in the open? has there been replies?
I dont know how many dlink people (or other vendors) are reading lkml
or other linux related maillists/websites but I do know that the tone
of lkml often isnt pleasant when it comes to licensing issues, closed
vs open source (GPL). I too feel strongly about oss and GPL - but the
tone on this list (often) might be too much to handle for some people!
Maybe request for an open discussion with some of these vendors would
bring about some of their concerns over IP and other issues and could
maybe even open up for some progress ??

Rudolf
--
Rudolf Randal - Hässleholmsgatan 3B lgh 503 - 214 43 Malmö - Sweden -
Phone: +46 (0)76 234 05 77