Re: de2104x: interrupts before interrupt handler is registered

Jesse Brandeburg wrote:
FWIW, I'd be interested in following up on something like this in
another thread because e100 appears to have (at least in one
reporter's dual e100 machine) a similar "hardware problem" where a
shared interrupt line gets asserted too early and the kernel prints a
Nobody Cared message.

So we have a new way of doing things that exposes more broken
hardware, shouldn't we provide a way for that hardware to continue
working?

I'm not sure this is at all related to the case we're talking about - it doesn't matter whether the request_irq or pci_enable_device comes first as the device is pulling on the interrupt line before the driver is even loaded. To fix that I'd think you'd need some kind of PCI quirk that would shut off the interrupt on the e100 card before any devices request the interrupt that it is sharing.

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]