Re: [future of drivers?] a proposal for binary drivers.

well ya, I knew i was running the risk to be labelled like that, cause
i thought to talk of this issue, more shake is needed that just stir.

please dont get me wrong (even though i think most of you already
have), i own my graditude for the livelihood i am having to
linux,linus and co.

this discussion is totally for betterment of the new users who should
not be forced to become developers in order to get a trival thing
running on their desktop/laptop, like device driver.

Now that i think of this, a more better person to speak on this would
be device manufacturer's themselves, is it the state_of_current linux
prohibiting them from developing drivers? do they hate oss so much?
would their mentality and willingness change if binary/mixed license
drivers were allowed to work with kernel.

if you can send this thread link to dlink or any other manufacturer, please do.

for now, i am going to shut my yapper.

Anshuman.