Re: de2104x: interrupts before interrupt handler is registered

* Francois Romieu <[email protected]> [2006-03-06 21:54]:
> > By the way, I'm getting the following messages in dmesg:
> > eth0: tx err, status 0x7fffb002
> Tx underrun.
> Is there anything which could induce a noticeable load on the PCI bus ?

I was going to say "no" because I was simply copying some data via the
network.  However, it seems the situation is a bit more complicated
than this.  It seems that I only get these underruns using a specific
hard drive.  You see, the reason I'm rsyncing hundred of megabytes of
data across my LAN is because my laptop hard drive is dying, so I put
it in a PC as secondary master using an adapter.  Interestingly
enough, I don't get any Tx underruns when using a different disk.
Which is strange because at the moment the disk is working fine (it
sort of started dying but seems to behave right now), so I don't know
why it would change anything.  Maybe this makes sense to someone.

By the way, I only get underruns when I rsync from the PC to another
machine - not when I rsync from the other machine to the PC.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/