Re: Status of AIO

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

I don't think the POSIX AIO nor the kernel AIO interfaces are suitable
for sockets, at least the way we can expect network traffic to be
handled in the near future. Some more radical approaches are needed. I'll have some proposals which will be part of the talk I have at OLS.

Why do you say it is not suitable? The kernel aio interfaces should work very well, especially when combined with O_DIRECT.