Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of Linux

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 12:03 +0100, Michal Schmidt wrote:

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:

analysis back to the developers of those projects. Linux is one of the

                                                      ^^^^^
                               should have been "The Linux kernel"

Why? Are you afraid of confusion with Linux the washing powder?

No (that's actually the cobfusion I don't fear).

Just to clarify -- I am aware (and have been since it's inception) of Coverity's previous work on the subject. I was one of the guys at Stanford who started pushing Linux through the technology years and years ago :) However, the "new process" piece is the fact that now we have the infrastructure in place to provide the results of the daily scans that we are performing of the kernel and other open source projects back to the developers and core maintainers of those projects.

Sorry about any confusion caused by my terminology with "Linux". I admit, form email and should have been "Linux kernel"...

-ben