[SUSPEND] Screen slides down after STR / neomagic

Hello,

Toshiba Libretto; Every time I suspend to RAM an come back to Console or
later exit Xorg (it's ok within X), the screen is somewhat displaced
downward:

   physical screen:                video output:
  -----------------------  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
  |                     |         -----------------------
  |                     |         |$                    |
  |                     |         |                     |
  |                     |         |                     |
  -----------------------  -   -  | -   -   -   -   -  -|
                                  ----------------------- snipped

First noticed this with IIRC kernel 2.6.12, quite a while ago, and now
want to do something about it. I don't use (it doesn't occur with)
the (neomagic) framebuffer videodriver. Bootoption is vga=5, but
choosing another doesn't fix it.

I also recognize previous versions of XFree and IIRC pre 6.9 Xorg
thinking about screen geometry being 800x600, while in fact it's
800x480. These 60/120 pixels(?) are about the amount of space (if you
think of centering output to screen vertically) the display is
misplaced. However, it also happens if I don't startup X at all.

I also saw this: If I suspend, there are some lines printed about the
suspend process and if they hit bottom line and start scrolling (after
_a lot_ of suspends) screen layout seems to get fixed. sometimes? hmm.

What can I do about it? Add a few lines printk's into the suspend code?
;-)

http://www.mittendorfer.com/rm/temp/config.txt
http://www.mittendorfer.com/rm/temp/dmesg.txt

0000:00:04.0 VGA compatible controller: Neomagic Corporation NM2160
[MagicGraph 128XD] (rev 01)

Thanks for some input,
sl ritch