Re: Doubt about scheduler

On 3/5/06, Raúl Baena <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thank you very much Jon. But I think I haven´t explained very well.

No, you did. Perhaps I wasn't terse enough in my reply :-)

> I know that now the prio_array and runqueues structs aren´t accesible
> for modules, but in the 2.6.5 version they were. I would like to know
> the reason, why before they were accesible and now they don´t?

Because it's a /bad idea/ to screw around with these. That's why. I
was trying to say that nicely before - it's cleaner and safer if the
scheduler is the only thing playing there as it's the only thing with
a bona fide need.

I'm not trying to be offensive at all - by all means make your own
kernel, perhaps with an exported version of these structure or
introduce your own API for tinkering with them. But just don't
necessarily expect everyone else to jump at it :-)

Jon.