Re: Linux running on a PCI Option device?

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 17:07 -0500, Jon Ringle wrote:

> As it turns out, Linux completes it's bootup before Windows bootup even
> begins, and it seems that Linux changes the configuration of the various
> other PCI devices that happen to be on the system as well. I need to get
> Linux to leave the configuration of other PCI devices it finds alone. It
> should only mess with it's own configuration. Why should Linux need to change
> the configuration of other PCI devices when it is fulfilling the role of a
> PCI device itself?

Have you disabled CONFIG_PCI?

CONFIG_PCI is the configuration option for a PCI host, just as
CONFIG_USB is the configuration option for a USB host. Linux contains
code for CONFIG_USB_GADGET, but what you need is the non-existent
CONFIG_PCI_GADGET.

If you're running on a PCI option device (unless using a 21555
non-transparent bridge), you need to disable CONFIG_PCI and write your
own driver for the PCI option device functionality.

--
Adrian Cox <[email protected]>